This is some text for the Hero image text bar.

Are you planning to upgrade to the new 4k TV antennas?

Most of the TV channels in my area are 720p or less with the exception of a few 1080p channels. So I do not plan on upgrading to a 4k antenna any time soon. I will however upgrade to 4k as soon as it becomes mainstream in my area. What about you? Are you planning to upgrade to the new 4k TV antennas?

• 3 weeks later...

Actually any aerial will suffice.  4K on an aerial is mostly marketing hype, although some antennas might say "4K Compatible." Someone in our ham radio club lives in an area where 4k is being transmitted and he has a converter box hooked to a 40 pair of rabbit ears and gets most of the stations. Although the box can be put on wifi for the extra stuff, he's skipping that part due to privacy matters.

• Like 1
On 2/17/2021 at 3:01 PM, KimmiKat said:

Actually any aerial will suffice.  4K on an aerial is mostly marketing hype, although some antennas might say "4K Compatible." Someone in our ham radio club lives in an area where 4k is being transmitted and he has a converter box hooked to a 40 pair of rabbit ears and gets most of the stations. Although the box can be put on wifi for the extra stuff, he's skipping that part due to privacy matters.

That's pretty interesting, I thought a 4k antenna was a stronger signal. I know my Antenna says it's rated at 1080p I wonder if it can pick up 4k? I guess there is only one way to find out. But I am pretty sure 4k is not in our area because we still have a lot of 480p & 720p channels.

P.S. A hour long 1080p TV show is 4GB so it makes me wonder how many GB a 4k hour long show? Kind of scary when I think about my 2TB PVR hard drive LOL.